Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Still Remember...

I have not forgotten about being here - but so much creative energy has been directed at work, that I have not had much to write about here. Despite the long hours and extreme expectations, I am loving my new job - and am especially excited about the directions it will be taking in the coming years. I'm excited about the possibilities involved with it so much so that it has made me completely rethink where I plan to go with my career.

And to think, 17 years ago, I only thought I would be a classroom teacher for 40 years.... I still sometimes long for those days and cannot let myself get away from remembering that the classroom is still the heart of education, but I'm developing a set of skills and body of knowledge that will let me impact many of those classrooms across the nation. It keeps me up until midnight and gets me up at four in the morning.

And yes, I'm happy about that.

No comments:

ClickComments