Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pedicure Me!



You know your feet need work when you go on a date with a guy who has a foot fetish and he tells you to put your shoes back on.


It is even worse when the next day you are at a bar with some friends and they say, "Hey, Rusty, you really need a pedicure."


So the guy with the foot fetish – he can be picky. Feet are his thing, and I am ok with that. I'll file and moisturize next time!


But friends at a bar? Is that really fair?


I will admit that I do go for a pedicure from time to time just because I love the foot massage and they get to places around the nails that I never take the time to reach. As much as appreciate their tender care, taking the place of a pedicure technician (?) would not be one of my personal aspirations.


One time I decided to have a manicure while I was at there. It had been a long day and I decided to splurge. As usual, the lady did an excellent job on the feet and I wanted to be carried out because I didn't want my feet to be sullied by the dirt or any dust my flip-flops may disturb while I walked.


But then! Oh yes, there is a definite BUT THEN!


But then, the lady started working on my hands.


With the SAME instruments she used on my feet!


I have one set of grooming gear that I have been using since I think 1992 or 1993 – whenever Bryan gave them to me as a gift for being an usher in his wedding. Yes, I use them on both my hands and on my feet. Still, I was paying her good money to do my hands and feet up right!


I did not want my chemically altered toe-jam coming anywhere near my fingers. I know it has to be chemically altered because they get some much more out than I have ever been able to achieve on my own even with persistent effort. As pretty and buffed as my nails looked when I walked out of the office, it took several high-power scrubs under HOT water before my hands felt clean enough for me to consider using them for cooking or eating.


From now on, I'm going to have a "mani" person at one location and a "pedi" person at a different location and the twain shall never meet! And I'm going to pretend they don't share instruments.

1 comment:

The Resident said...

Yeah, their are certain things you don't want to reverse the order of. *insert sexual ass to mouth joke here* Maybe it would have been okay had she done your hands, then moved to your feet (then hopefully sterilized/autoclaved the instruments for the next client/patient), but not the other way around.

Ok, just because all stereotypes come from somewhere, I have to ask: was it a Vietnamese manicurists?

ClickComments