Tuesday, June 15, 2010

You Give Me Chills

This past weekend I was with a good friend who kept talking about his sore throat and swollen lymph nodes in his neck, and, indeed, the nodes under his jaw resembled those of people photographed for medical journals to demonstrate what mumps look like. But this is Austin and allergies cause this kind of reaction all the time.
The second day of it, he called me asking for Gatorade and orange juice because he was running a high fever. Maybe it wasn’t allergies, so I quickly took him the requested items.
Within a few hours, fever overtook me and chills set in. So began my three days with it. Turns out my neighbor behind me and his son had the same thing a week ago, so I guess it is something going around.
I always search for someone who will give me chills, but with this circumstance, I think I will pass.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I'm having a similar problem I believe strep throat maybe :( Im tryin my best to recover.

ClickComments