Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter Water in the Greenbelt

At most points of the year, the bulk of the Barton Creek Greenbelt it dry with only patches of water. In my hike this past Sunday, I reached a point where I could hear water running, but I could not find it anywhere. Finally, I wandered over to the side of the Greenbelt and found where water was streaming down from a path  between two cliffs. Possibly the water was coming out of someone's ancient septic system or drainage from somewhere. I was glad not to be playing in it.








I absolutely loved the water flowing over the leaves. As I have posted numerous pictures of water flowing before, there is a life to the water that contrasts with the dead leaves in the bed of the otherwise dry creek bed.


Shortly after the water pooled past the area where it appeared and ran, it disappeared into the ground as a demonstration of the Edwards Aquifer Recharge zone.



No comments:

ClickComments