Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Unexcused Absence

Back in March, I wrote a post about why I was not posting much, and in it I explained that when I returned, the blog may well have a different direction.


Obviously, that essay was never posted.


Suffice it to say that I have simply been so busy with both my professional and personal life that I have not had the chance to write anything beyond what was required for work and grad school lately. I have been so emotionally occupied, that I have not felt a NEED for the creative release either.


In that time there have been both work and personal tugs-of-war. I am tired, but I know myself much better after them.


In February, I began an new job and in June I accepted a (volunteer) leadership role with a group addressing GLBT persons place in religion and working with churches to help them be both welcoming AND affirming of GLBT persons.


In May I fell in love - and it has been hard!!! I have to make so many personal adjustments to make this work - I’ve been single 42 years (yes, I count infancy and childhood). I knew relationships were work, but DAMN! Still I’m happy and I like his family. It took him five years to get me, so I’m glad he didn’t give up.


Now I am going to be back - on somewhat of a regular basis, but I think with a specific focus. We’ll see how that works out over the next few months.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

Welcome back! Congrats on all of the exciting news :)

Hope you got to plant some veggies this year!!

photogreg said...

Congratulations on your new relationship!

Nathan said...

Yay finally a post :) maybe you could still have those once in a while cooking posts :D

Will Clayton said...

I love you too baby. I am glad I didn't give up too.
-Will

ClickComments