Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Big Boy Bedroom

For most of my adult life, I have been very proud of my bed - an antique metal bed that belonged to my grandparents and on which my mother was born (yes, I bought a new mattress when I first started using it - just in case). After buying my own home almost four years ago, I began to want something more modern and more in style with the much larger bedroom that I had, so I had been wanting a queen sized bed. Finally, in November I bought a good queen mattress and used it on a simple frame, but it was too low and didn't really satisfy what I wanted in a bed.

I am fairly picky in what I wanted in the furniture: solid wood or metal; contemporary, but not dated -- oooohhhhh so 2010!; either high enough for underbed storage, or low enough I wasn't wasting space by not storing things under it.

So while R was out of town last weekend, I took the opportunity to switch things around and put the entire new bedroom together. He was quite pleased the first time he walked in to find it. He agreed that it fit the bedroom better and was a better height than the lower frame.

I didn't really need a new bed because the other was quite nice and sturdy. There is just something about finally having my own furniture with my own style that gives me a bit more of a grown up feeling - even though there are stuffed animals on the bed (a sock monkey and two turtles).

No comments:

ClickComments