Monday, May 24, 2010

Gettin' Fit


I have been whining about my weight and overall lack of fitness for some time. Unfortunately, whining does not burn many calories, so it has largely been an unsuccessful strategy. Paying gym dues has been equally ineffective.
On the spur of the moment though, I decided to register for a 5K race coming up in two weeks. I go for a run now and then, so I know I’ll be able to manage the 3.1 miles in a reasonable time - if I run every day between now and then and do some extra work on the coming weekend.
I really hate to sweat, but at this point, I hate being soft around the middle even more. The last two years of graduate school and work have not done me any favors as far as the weight and fitness go. I now weigh more than I have ever weighed. Fifteen pounds to go, though, and I will be back at a point where I can be happy. Hopefully a daily run for the next two weeks will put me on track toward that goal.
Now that I am done with grad school, I can actually use some of the time I regained to return to fitness. It’s on the list and now I need to put it on the calendar now that I have all my various calendar devises synchronized. I no longer have the excuse of time or the lack of organization to get it done.
No more conflicts!
No more excuses!
No more whining!

No comments:

ClickComments