Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mr. Popular

My schedule worked out to my advantage today as I was in my office for an extended time when the ACL tickets went on sale and I was able to get in the “virtual line” in plenty of time to actually purchase tickets for the 2011 festival, some eleven months away. While waiting in the virtual line (because it was still a line) I had a 1-on-1 conference with one of the teachers in the program I direct, composed an email for everyone in a different program I also direct, and contacted two outside agencies regarding data another district program needed for part of its annual report.
Yet in the middle of all that, I managed to notice when the screen changed and I pounced on my opportunity for “discounted” tickets.
I had no idea how popular that would make me.
Within the hour of tweeting (aka sideways Facebook posting) my purchase, I had received a call with an offer to buy some of my tickets and other Facebook notifications with offers.
If I had known purchasing tickets would make me Mr. Popular, I would buy tickets much more often!
For the time being, I’m hanging on to the tickets. Heck, they are just electronic imaginings with dollar signs attached to my American Express card until I claim them next September.
That’s when the competition really begins to see who is(are) my best friend(s)!

No comments:

ClickComments