Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 2012 McKinney Falls 1

This post includes a few of my favorite shots from my hike at McKinney Falls State Park in Austin. It is only a few minutes from my house and just miles from downtown Austin, yet in that place one has no idea that an urban area is nearby.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_025
I was thrilled at how this shot of wild onion blossoms turned out.
Mckinney_falls_march_2012_027
 And this shot of a bluebonnet just blew me away with its brilliance.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_123
 These yellow flowers (probably a weed) were taller than me. They created for a nerve-wracking experience as I walked through them. I spent the day looking for snakes, but found none. I was certain as I made my way through these plants that I would surely hear the rattle of an unseen snake.
Mckinney_falls_march_2012_141
 I also enjoyed the bluebonnets against the stone jutting out from the ground.

Whenever I need a mental health break or a quiet time waliking away from the crowds, I make my way over to the park and spend a couple hours with my camera in the quiet.

No comments:

ClickComments