Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 2012 Mckinney Falls 3 - Waterworks

I have done my first two posts without focusing on the namesake of McKinney Falls. I posted pictures of flowers growing in the park, but had nothing to show of the waterworks that give the park it's name. Onion creek, when flowing, provides some spectacular water effects as it flows down the park lands from the upper falls to the lower falls.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_154

One shot from the upper falls.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_198
The water beginning its journey from the upper falls to the lower falls.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_015
The water about halfway between the upper and lower falls - directly below the historic rock shelter long used by native Americans.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_062_-_copy
Water going over some of the falls.
Mckinney_falls_march_2012_071_-_copy
One of my OMG photos with the  colors captured in the water and the appearance that it is coming directly at the camera.

 


Mckinney_falls_march_2012_076
Another photo that just awed me. I enjoy those rare pictures that wow me now and then.
Mckinney_falls_march_2012_087
The lower falls.

Mckinney_falls_march_2012_092_-_copy
An amazing photo of water coming together in one of the chutes leading to a waterfall. I love the texture and colors captured.

No comments:

ClickComments