Thursday, June 28, 2007

Losing My Mind!


I must be losing my mind.

I read Southern boy non-ranting (after a Southern boy ranting) and pull out the credit card and book a trip to New York. I’ll be in the big city a whole 18 hours from arrival to departure.

And why would I whip out the credit card?

To attend a weenie roast!

I really must be losing my mind.

I don’t even eat weenies*.

Ever.

Under any circumstance.

I could crash on a desert island with a fridge stocked with weenies and I would just have to starve.

Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi must be very sad for me. Almost as sad as he is about the arthritis in his jaw that is slowing his hot dog eating. Last year he at a whopping 53 ¾ hot dogs in 12 minutes only to have that record shattered earlier this year by someone who ate 59 ½ in the same time.

But the weenie roast will be more than just a chance to gag over processed meat, it will be a chance to meet some people in person after reading about them for months through their regular blog posts. I’m excited to put face, voice, and tone to the words I’ve been reading for months.

Now on to the next dilemma: what does one wear to a weenie roast in New York?

*weenie – processed meat product I would not wish to be no matter what the jingle says, not the slang for male genitalia, which I do eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're crazy.

ClickComments