Monday, August 25, 2008

Something Stinks!


Something stinks in my back yard. Specifically something is dead somewhere in my garden. In all likelihood, it is a dead mouse my dogs managed to kill. I have searched for it for several days, but I have not been able to find it.

And my dogs – being dogs – are rolling in whatever is dead.

They are simply the most rank pets anyone can imagine having.

I suppose I could put on some rubber gloves and pet them, but I fear if I touch them without the gloves, I will reek at the level they presently do. I am going to give them a bath sometime after the smell goes away or I find whatever it is that died, but until then, a bath would be an exercise in futility.

Speaking of things stinking, the party conventions are starting, and for the next two months, we are going to be treated to two more months of half-truths, smears, and outright lies. At least the source of the smell in my backyard will be gone in a few days.

I am going to try to keep my dogs away from the television until after the election!

No comments:

ClickComments