Sunday, November 03, 2013

Alone Again, Happily

My most recent roommate moved out this week. He was the best roommate I have ever had. I could not be happier that he moved.

No breakup was involved, but the line, “It’s not you, it’s me,” fits the situation perfectly. As an introvert, I need time alone, completely alone, to recharge from work. People surround me from the time I arrive at work until I kick the last person out of the building so I can go home. Each day drains my energy.

Coming home to silence with only myself to please brings the degree of joy to me as it brings terror to an extrovert.

Being the introvert that I am, one might think that I would hate my job since it requires me to interact with people all the time. I love my job and have confessed before that it is my calling in life. People who have heard me talk about my job know just how passionately I speak about the work I do. I look forward to work each day.

I just need the chance to recharge.

For the time being, home is again my battery.

No comments:

ClickComments