Friday, November 04, 2011

Classic Breakfast Casserole

One of my favorite meals to share with others is breakfast. I make a variety of breakfast casseroles that come together quickly the night before and then cooked in the morning just before they are ready to serve. The basics in the casserole are: croutons or dried bread, eggs, milk, cheese, browned meat (hamburger, turkey, sausage) and cream of (mushroom, celery) soup.
For a typical breakfast casserole for work or other large group, I use 2 cups of milk, 18 eggs, 2 cans cream soup, 2 boxes croutons, 2 cups cheese, 1 lb ground meat.
First I spray the pan with non-stick spray and spread the croutons or dried bread.

Then I top that with browned meat and spread cheese over that.


Then I thoroughly mix together the eggs, milk, and cream soup and pour it over the top.


Cover and refrigerate over night. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook about an hour  until firm in the middle.
To have an extra cheesy casserole, spread and extra cup of cheese over the top about half-way through cooking.

No comments:

ClickComments