Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reality Bites

Reality bites. But it is so addictive. For years I swore off reality television as brain numbing but then I started watching Top Chef, and because I love to cook, it was engaging and I personally was fascinated by the challenges. And then there were those few unfortunate episodes of Real Housewives New Jersey. So many people I know were talking about it, I checked it out just to see and found myself so disgusted by the entire premise of the show that I could only tolerate a couple episodes.
But as I was looking around the dial, I realized so many of the shows I watched were reality of some kind or another. The various travel channel shows - Man Vs Food, Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations. They were all truly more reality than anything else.
I had become a fan of reality television without really realizing it. I was actually looking forward to Friday nights and Ghost Adventures. While the show is incredibly fake, the host (lead investigator) can get frightened and jump into my arms anytime.
And then along came the A-List. A couple of friends watched it and described it as a train wreck that your just couldn’t help but stare at. I made the mistake of catching a glimpse. All I can say about that is, “Bless their hearts. None of them got the sense God gave a mule.”
But coming in January is the highlight of the reality show season...
...RuPaul’s Drag Race. (Belated Happy Birthday RuPaul.)



No comments:

ClickComments