Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Contrast

On the hike through Lost Maples State Recreation Area last month, there was only one image for which I stopped and turned around to capture. Earlier this month I posted many photos of the various stumps I came across on the hike and they have long been a favorite photo subject of mine - especially when I have the option to turn them into a black-and-white picture. Hiking along, I glanced up to see a image in such stark contrast to it's background, the image stayed with me even after I moved on a ways down the trail. 



The one dead branch rising above all other living limbs and other trees stood out against the perfect blue sky of the day. Different people will see a variety of images in the limb. I can see the outline of a scarecrow, a pitchfork, and most clearly a cross.

Of the 100+ photos taken during the day, this is the one I keep coming back to, just as I came back to the location to take it.


And this brings us to the end of National Blog Posting Month 2010. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have though it takes and extra time commitment in my busy work schedule. Nevertheless, it does help me remember to focus on this personal outlet that too often gets neglected.

No comments:

ClickComments