Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Yahoo!

Despite my propensity for high-tech toys, in one area, I remain firmly entrenched in the 1990’s. My computer home page remains Yahoo. It has been the same since my internet addiction took hold in the mid/late ’90’s as it was the dominant email server and search site. As a digital immigrant, I grew comfortable with it and stuck with it over the years.
Despite it being a dropping in point, I do have other key applications in the tool bar across the top of the screen and use them almost exclusively for actual Internet functions.
Except quick news.
I am still addicted to the Yahoo top headlines - whatever they have picked out for me to be the top headline of the day.
Sometimes they are relevant.
Mostly they are not.
Mostly, they are nothing more than entertaining.
Especially when I get things about Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore breaking NCAA rules. Really? I care about this because? Because they met two potential Iowa basketball recruits, suddenly the NCAA is in a tizzy because they could potentially influence the recruits to attend Iowa.
Frankly, it would take more than Aston and Demi to make me attend Iowa.
And yet, I’ve spent twenty-something minutes pondering the uselessness of this information.
I think it is time for me to move into the 21st century and find a new Internet home page.

No comments:

ClickComments