Thursday, November 05, 2009

"Glee"ful

I have to confess that as much as I generally despise television, I have become hooked on Glee. It is one of the funniest shows with bursts of the best writing I have seen since West Wing. Most of the show is hokey, but when the writers do come up with a gem, they are at the peak of artistic creativity.

I can even suspend my disbelief that the actors are really high school students and not the twenty-somethings most of them are. To date the plot lines are weak and the character development is superficial at best, but that is all overcome when track-suited Sue Sheridan enters a scene.

While I beg the writers to improve the storylines and make all the characters as fun as Sue, I appreciate the forty-something minutes (thanks to HULU) of mindlessness the show gives me every week.

No comments:

ClickComments