Monday, November 16, 2009

Talking Off the Top of My Head

There is nothing like a last minute (relatively) to get the heart racing and mind clicking.


Apparently I am talking tonight at the joint meeting of the local community college board of directors and the school board. Most people who know me realize that this is something I can do and generally do well. The competitive debate in high school definitely has served me well at thinking on my feet and being able to communicate with minimal preparation.


Of course, since this has been my job for six years, is it really minimal preparation?


My name was not on the agenda, but alas, I am actually excited about the chance to clarify some pieces of my program and present ways in which it can grow with support from both sides.


This is really exciting! I just have to remember the boards want to be home before midnight.

No comments:

ClickComments