Friday, November 27, 2009

Overcooking

One of these days I am going to learn to cook in reasonable amounts. Eight people ate at my place for Thanksgiving. R and I cooked for numbers in the twenties. I’m not certain how to make less than these recipes make.


For me, though, there is as much joy in the cooking and preparation as there is in the eating. I get hours to think, process and listen to music as I prepare some really good food. Cutting, chopping, tasting, and planning and the constant smell of new dishes being prepared keep the house with a festive feel.


Fortunately this year, the greening of the church is Sunday and we are invited to bring leftovers for a pot-luck lunch after worship. I think I’ll be able to feed half those who stay and clean out my refrigerator.


So now I can start planning the New Year’s Feast!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We should just send the entire fridge to the homeless shelter, all full of food.

ClickComments