Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Dread

We are already into the holiday season and I have one of the busiest seasons ever booked, but I am totally NOT into it this year. I don’t know why that is because it should be one of the most exciting in a long time. We began Advent at church. Parties are already on the calendar. Trips are booked.


I’m really not into it.


By inspiration from R., I have a gift list produced.


I have not bought any yet.


I do not know what it is, but I am not ready for it yet. The year has passed too quickly for me. After 2008 being a year full of dissatisfaction, 2009 has been on the whole an entirely positive year with a new job and a new relationship. I do not want it to pass too quickly.


I wonder at this point what is going to put me in the mood. I have no desire to decorate, but R. loves all things holiday. I don’t know how we are going to manage all the decorations he wants even on all the days we are going to be gone. I may have to find a house-sitter to stay here during the dates we are gone.


I can’t believe I just typed “house-sitter.”


I really am going to dread the holidays.

No comments:

ClickComments